Here are the event calendars for January and Febuary!
Friday, December 30, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Check out our show at Bioneers! We made this video for a recycling contest, and although recycling is a very important part of environmental stewardship, bear in mind that this is not our whole message! It's best to rethink what you buy before you buy it, and reuse whatever you can. We have more Trashion show videos to come!
Sunday, October 2, 2011
- We will be eaving at lunch on Thursday.
- Bring $30 for fun Friday activity! Cash!
- Lots of great speakers who have great things to say.
- We get to see lots of plenary speakers and performers in a huge auditorium from 9-12:00. Bring a notebook! To take notes and doodles. Or, you can bring knitting or something to do with your hands to help you concentrate.
- Our workshop is on Friday from 2:45 to 4:15, after lunch. This is our contribution to the Bioneers community.
- No snoring!
- Check your emails from Bioneers or look at the Bioneers website to check out what speakers are in the morning and workshops you’re interested in for the afternoon.
- Everybody goes to the plenary speakers together in the morning and can break up to go to the most interesting workshops for us in the afternoon.
- We have scholarships for lunch.
- We need to make a head and arms for the mannequin Annika made for our workshop.
- COLLECT MILK CARTONS FOR WALLET MAKING AT OUR WORKSHOP!!!
- At our workshop we will talk about:
- Creative youth
- Recycling projects
- Green initiatives
- Community Action
- Youth Leadership
- Service Learning
- Please sign up to work on one or more aspects of the workshop or Trashion show.
- Our stage is outside. It is called the Sun Stage. It will be near the cliff bar tent. It will be fantastic! Lots of people will see our show! YAY!!!
- We have a tech person for our show who will help us with our speaker and other technical needs.
- We will leave for our fun Friday adventure at 5:00 after our workshop!
- Please bring your $15 gas money in cash. Cash is preferable, but checks will be accepted also.
- Money you’ll need:
- $15 for gas money
- $100 for food
- $30 for the Fun Friday Adventure!!!
- Other $$$ for buying things at Bioneers or on our Fun Friday Adventure.
- We will be at the Bioneers conference all day on Saturday. Plenary speakers in the morning, workshops in the afternoon, and movies in the evening. Look online at the Bioneers website to see what movies will interest you.
- If you have homework, bring it with you to do in your spare time.
- Our show is at 1:00 on Sunday.
- After our show, we will pack up and go home. =)
- It will be sooooo much fun!
- We are there as a group, and we will stay as a group. You cannot leave to go with any relatives, etc.
If you are going to Bioneers, READ THIS INFORMATION!!!!! It is very important!!!
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Hey all! We just had our first meeting of the school year today! Meetings will be every Monday in Mrs. Lowder's room. Please, please, please come! They are super important! Next week, we have Monday off, so the meeting will be on Tuesday. After that, Monday meetings. See you all there! =)